Focused Ultrasound in Intensive Care (FUSIC) is the future of advanced critical care ultrasound here at the Intensive Care Society.
FUSIC provides you with an enhanced modular pathway for ultrasound in intensive care and allows you to design your own learning experience by completing the modules that are the most relevant to you.
For all enquiries regarding FUSIC, please contact email@example.com
Follow the below steps to start your FUSIC journey today:
Log in to you ICS account to view the FUSIC information on our website. If you are a non-member, you can create a free account here.
Once you are logged in to your ICS account, you will need to register for your chosen module. You can register for each module by clicking the appropriate box below for FUSIC Heart, Lung, Abdomen, Vascular, DVT and HD.
After registering for your module. You will be sent the training details. You will need to complete the logbook of scans to demonstrate your practical skills.
After you have registered for the module, the next step is to work on the theoretical and practical knowledge you need.
You can complete the theoretical knowledge by attending a face-to-face course or completing the ICS online training. Please note that the online training is an additional £20 for members and £40 for non-members.
You can find the list of face-to-face courses available to you here
To register for our online training:
- Visit our page. You'll find this under the Learning Tab dropdown menu.
- Please ignore the date ‘December 31, 2030’. This is to allow unlimited time access to the module.
- Register and pay for the online training that applies to you.
- The ICS Learning team will send an email to confirm your access to the module and provide your username and password.
Accessing the online training:
- Visit our Learning Portal, which can be found in the dropdown menu under the ‘Learning tab.’
- Use your log in details provided to access the Learning portal.
- Click on the ‘FUSIC’ box and then your appropriate module.
- Click the button ‘Details’ and then ‘Enrol.’
Once you have completed the enrolment, we’ll need to approve from our side. Please note that enrolments on the Learning Portal are only approved if you have completed your FUSIC registration (Step 2).
To receive accreditation you must submit your assessment documents via the Learning portal, particularly the summary of training record.
We will then review these documents. If all the necessary steps have been completed, your certificate will be generated and sent to you electronically via email.
Read our FUSIC FAQs