In collaboration between the Intensive Care Society and the Association of Anaesthetists we have developed a Focused transoesophageal echo (fTOE) accreditation for both ICU and anaesthesia. fTOE is valuable when unexplained life-threatening circulatory instability persists despite corrective therapy, and whenever a focused ultrasound scan (FUSIC) is unable or unlikely to answer the clinical question. You can improve your ability to perform focused transoesophageal echo by completing the fTOE accreditation.
- Registration by clicking the ‘Register’ button in the left hand corner
- Finding a supervisor to oversee the accreditation
- Completion of the e-learning modules on the Society's learning platform
- Completion of a face-to-face course (optional)
- Supervised and unsupervised practice, documented in a logbook
- Assessed by a supervisor to have the necessary competencies for fTOE
- Final practical assessment booked via the Association of Anaesthetists
fTOE accreditation must be completed within 24 months of beginning the logbook collection.
All clinicians are able to register for the fTOE accreditation. Intensive Care Society and Association of Anaesthetists members will receive discounted rates on both the accreditation and practical assessment.
Practical Assessment Costs
Practical assessment is administered by our fTOE partners, the Asociation of Anaesthetists. For more information about assessment pricing and upcoming dates please visit their website.