Whether you’re looking for opportunities for networking, access to learning, or to represent your profession on a national level, as the home of intensive care the Society is the place for you.
How we support you
Our members are at the heart of what we do, and we’re committed to supporting you however you need it.
To help you develop in your career we:
- offer access to our learning portal, full of educational content about subjects our members have asked us to deliver
- many avenues for networking, like events, digital media, the opportunity to be involved in our groups and committees, and our collaborations with other organisations
- offer access to our Wellbeing Hub, home to resources for both individuals and teams so you can get the psychological support you need. You can also access support for developing ICU psychology services
- produce podcasts and webinars throughout the year, covering subjects ranging from wellbeing support for staff and patients, to the career journeys of our members
How your membership supports intensive care
Your membership helps us support the growth and development of intensive care as a specialty, and of the professions which contribute to the critical care workforce.
Your membership of the Society helps us:
- act as your representative, to amplify your collective voice to raise the profile of critical care. We also run public campaigns to communicate your messages and help the public better understand intensive care
- support our Standards and Guidelines committee in publishing evidence-based standards and guidelines or use in intensive care units throughout the UK
- provide opportunities for you and your colleagues to have your say at a national level through our groups and divisions, like our Professional Advisory Groups, and shape the future of intensive care
- award grants to research into ICU. Our research award winners have gone on to attain substantial additional NIHR portfolio funding following our support.
- continue work on our All-Party Parliamentary Group, so we can provide a platform to voice the concerns of the intensive care community, ICU patients and their loved ones, and the wider public, to help inform the Parliament in their understanding and decision making about intensive care
Your membership benefits
As a Society member you have access to a number of benefits, including:
- a 50% discount on our FUSIC accreditation programme for critical care focused ultrasound. The programme allows you to design your own learning pathway, and access mentors and supervisors while you complete your accreditation
- a discount on our State of the Art Congress, the largest critical care congress in the UK and biggest multi-professional intensive care meeting in Europe. Our congress provides opportunities for presenting your work and networking with colleagues from around the world, and as a member there are a number of ways for you to be involved in its programme
- £1,000,000 of personal accident insurance for patient transfers, available to all our members whenever you need it.
- free quarterly editions the Journal of the Intensive Care Society (JICS). Our journal strives to disseminate clinically and scientifically relevant peer-reviewed research, evaluation, experience and opinion to all staff working in the field of intensive care medicine
- access to a lifestyle reward scheme with great exclusive offers from a number of brands
- access to discounted membership to the European Society of Intensive Care Medicine (ESICM)
- 20% off Crit-IQ membership – an online resource with educational material, podcasts, exam support, echocardiography teaching and a journal club