FUSIC (Focused Ultrasound for Intensive Care) is a practical solution to training in focused Hemodynamics (HD) ultrasound for adult intensive care.
- Register by adding FUSIC HD to your basket
- Identify an approved FUSIC HD Mentor to oversee your accreditation. If you cannot find a local Mentor please contact our Learning Team on firstname.lastname@example.org who can help you find one
- Complete the online training on our Learning Portal or attend an approved face-to-face course.
- Perform the appropriate supervised and unsupervised scans, and document these in your logbook
- Have your logbook assessed by your Mentor who confirms that you have the necessary competencies
- Pass a triggered assessment with your Supervisor (Please note: there is no need for you to find a Supervisor - your approved Mentor should have identified one already)
Pass a practical and theoretical examination (run centrally)
- Submit your assessment documents, including the Summary of Training record, via the Learning Portal.
Accreditation (first to last component) must be completed within 24 months. Logbook collection (first to last scan) must be completed within 12 months.
Criteria for registering for FUSIC HD accreditation are as follows:
- Independent competence in history taking, physical examination, interpreting clinical investigations and understanding of disease processes in critically ill patients
- Accreditation in FUSIC Heart or BSE level 1
- Accreditation in FUSIC Lung or FAMUS
Please Note: accreditation in FUSIC Abdo is no longer required for FUSIC HD
Once registered, we will send you all the documentation you need to start your accredition jouney.
For all enquiries regarding FUSIC training, please contact email@example.com.