Paediatrics can be daunting, particularly when adult intensive care units are required to step up and look after sick children. This study day aims to prepare attendees with the know how and background knowledge to be able to care for this population.
You will learn about the:
- Logistics and ins and outs of transfer of the sick child
- Upskilling of an adult ICU team to look after children
- Care and intricacies of managing the child with congenital anomalies
- Stabilisation of the sick child prior to transfer
- Care of the child with near drowning, burns and status epilepticus