About the TIM
The Intensive Care Society have worked with the intensive care units at Royal University Hospitals Bath and Cardiff and Vale University Health Board to produce the TIM: Team Immediate Meet
The TIM is a communication tool and psychological first aid to be used after any clinical event that may cause distress. The intention of the tool is to enable staff to briefly check in with each other, have some useful short term self-care advice (Psychological First Aid- an approach advocated by the World Health Organisation), and have the option for supportive follow up following the acute stress response period.
The TIM supporting documents and training
We have made it easy for you to establish our TIM programme in your unit and prepared all of the documents you need to launch which include:
- A standard operating procedure to help you launch the TIM in your intensive care unit
- A downloadable TIM Tool - This should be printed and displayed in a prominent area i.e., nursing station to help staff familiarise themselves with the Tool and to guide sessions*
- A TIM register - Designed to collate the names and emails of those involved, so that the team can look after each other and follow-up to make sure they are ok*
*Documents 2 and 3 should be used in conjunction with each other.
Below you will find training videos, a webinar on hot debriefing and simulations of the TIM in use across various scenarios.
Registering your Unit
Registration to the TIM programme is free.
- Submit your unit details via the 'register here' button below
- Send your Hospital/Trust logo to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Receive your personalised digital TIM Tool pack including all of the documents mentioned above
If you have any questions about the Tool or how to use it, contact email@example.com.