FUSIC (Focused Ultrasound for Intensive Care) is a practical solution to training in focused DVT ultrasound for adult intensive care.
- Register by adding FUSIC DVT to your basket
- Identify an approved FUSIC DVT Mentor to oversee your accreditation. If you cannot find a local Mentor please contact our Learning Team on [email protected] who can help you find one
- Complete the online training on our Learning Portal or attend an approved face-to-face course.
- Perform the appropriate supervised and unsupervised scans, and document these in your logbook
- Have your logbook assessed by your Mentor who confirms that you have the necessary competencies
- Pass a triggered assessment with your Supervisor (Please note: there is no need for you to find a Supervisor - your approved Mentor should have identified one already)
- Submit your assessment documents, including the Summary of Training record, via the Learning Portal.
Accreditation (first to last component) must be completed within 24 months. Logbook collection (first to last scan) must be completed within 12 months.
Criteria for registering for FUSIC DVT accreditation are as follows:
- Available to all healthcare professionals (i.e. medical, nursing, physiotherapy)
- Any grade
- Any speciality
Once registered, we will send you all the documentation you need to start your accredition jouney.
For all enquiries regarding FUSIC training, please contact [email protected].