Join our Council and play a big role in our future!
NOMINATIONS ARE NOW CLOSED: Voting starts 9am Thursday 21 October 2021.
Nominations are now open for six spaces on our Council, and we need you to join us!
For over 50 years the Society has proudly been the home of intensive care. Created by ICU professionals to represent our community and support, develop and advance our specialty.
The Society is proud to have a Council consisting of multi-professional members made up of doctors, nurses, and allied health professionals, to ensure we give the whole community a voice. It is because of this we are able to be at the forefront of developing and delivering world class learning opportunities; supporting pioneering research; influence policy makers; the publication of essential guidelines; and supporting our community throughout all stages of their careers.
Which positions are available?
We are looking for six new Council members to join us and help create a positive difference to intensive care.
Role of our Council members
- Two consultant intensivist vacancies
- Four vacancies open to everyone in the intensive care society membership. This includes consultant intensivists, advanced practitioners in critical care; nurses; occupation therapists; pharmacists; physiotherapists; psychologists; speech and language therapists; specialty doctors; trainees and any other AHP member working in intensive care not listed.
As a Council member you will have the opportunity to work with senior leaders and healthcare professionals to help the Society shape the future of intensive care. You will play an integral part in supporting the Society’s growth and help us achieve the goals outlined in our five-year strategy, Your Society – Our Strategy.
As a Council member you will be heavily involved in delivering our activities that are divided broadly into five divisions:
Who is eligible?
- Standards Division – Develops national and international guidelines and sets standards such as those outlined in GPICS
- Public Affairs Division – Delivers our voice and those of our patients, though Media/PR, influencing policy makers, member networks and global networks, delivers our fundraising activities.
- Professional Affairs Division – Our Professional Advisory Groups (PAGs) advance the profile of the multi-professional team throughout all stages of their career and fundraising. Our wellbeing work also sits within this division
- Research Division – Facilitates the development of pioneering research to advance intensive care
- Learning Division – Designs and develops our education programme to offer blending learning opportunities for our community. It is also the home to our annual State of the Art Congress
You must be an Intensive Care Society member based in the UK to apply as a nominee, or to propose or second a nominee.
Please note the following:
- Please download the nomination form at the bottom of this page.
- Complete the form with details of both a proposer and seconder. You must be a Society member to apply as a nominee, or to propose or second a nominee.
- Include a short written statement within the wordcount.
- Declare any conflict of interest
- Confirm and send the nomination form to email@example.com by 5pm Wednesday 6 October 2021
- This role is voluntary and you must be in the UK.
- You must be an ICS member to apply as a nominee, propose or second a nominee.
- Elections will take place via an online system on behalf of the Intensive Care Society.
For more information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Elections will open at 9am on Thursday 21 October, and close at 5pm on Wednesday 3 November.
All current Intensive Care Society members will be eligible to vote for their preferred candidate using an online system.
The successful nominees will be announced on Tuesday 9 November during the Society's final Council meeting of 2021.
To find out more about how our elections are run on our elections page